Friday, December 12, 2008
My Christmas Dance
I really do not care much for Christmas music, okay I hate it. Every year when KSBJ starts playing I've got all my cd's ready to go, or some other station I would normally not litsen to, because the kids repeat everything. This year our church is putting on a Christmas play, and I am dancing in it. Well, it's been a bit a of a rollercoaster. The dance and the dancers have been changed 3 times, now I'm solo, and I have 1 week to put this together. To top it off I don't like Christmas music so I'm dreading doing this. Well the past week all I've wanted to litsen to is Christmas music, granted their are still a few songs I can't stand, but most of them are bringing me to tears. Yep, you heard me right, TO TEARS! I have this overwhelming gratitude in my heart for GOD, our creator, for sending his son to save my soul, all of our souls. The Jars of Clay version of "Little Drummer Boy" made me cry today. To think that our King would smile at us for such a simple gift amazes me! Their's a new song this year that says, "What other King has stepped down from his throne, what other God has poured out his love for me, only one." That made me feel very humble, and thankful, I don't know if I can quite explain how I feel. So, now I feel as though I can dance this dance in true worship, and not thinking, "another stupid Christmas song." Isn't God good! He changes and melts our hearts even when we have not asked. He knows what we need, as any good Father would!How I love him so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My favorite ksbj christmas song was new last year. It is called "One King." You've probably heard it. "One king held the Frankinscence, one king held the myrrh, one king held the purest gold, and One King held the hope of the world."
Post a Comment