Monday, January 19, 2009
Kalin is getting shots
Here we go, my baby is going in to get shots tomorrow. We had decided we weren't completely against vaccines, we were just against giving them to her at such a young age. Their liver is not completely developed to filter out toxins until their 6 months of age. I've been doing a lot of reading on this matter and see a huge difference when parents just wait a little while. I read this article on China , they have chosen not vaccinate until 2 years of age and their sids is almost nonexistant now. Makes you think. Now don't take me wrong I'm not one of those do it my way parents. If you've decided to vaccinate since birth, than thats your choice for your family, and I don't look at anyone different. Every family does what they feel is right for their family, in all areas, whether it be what they eat, what they do, or shots, we're all loving parents taking care of our children the best way we know how. Anyway, since I don't have my kids in daycare and had breastfed her for a year and a half, I felt confident about waiting. We were blessed she's been really healthy. The worst thing she had was roto virus. When I took her to the hospital to get hydrated, the doctor was really supportive and sweet. So, she's turning two on Wed, and her appt. is tomorrow. I'm nervous. I don't really know why, we have vaccinated all of our other kids, and their okay, I guess it's because I never waited this long. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I'm still a little nervous. On another note my mom is taking her to get her picture taken in a princess dress for her birthday. I can't wait to see it! Well I geuss thats it for now, just wanted to share whats going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment