Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fridge Magnets

I do not like fridge magnets. More specifically kids fridge magnets, you know it's the whole alphabet on your fridge including numbers 0-9. I bought these once when Mario was 3. They never stood there and played with them no, they would see who could knock off the most the fastest. Now you've got magnets all over your floor and your the putting them all on the fridge, you even take time to spell a few words thinking they'll get the concept. Yeah right! This goes on for a few weeks until one day you sweep them all up and throw them in the trash. Peace and order is restored back to the home. And then you notice they don't even miss them! You think I could have done that a long time ago. Well, a couple of weeks ago Mario Sr.'s cousin bought our kids, you guessed it FRIDGE MAGNETS.AAAAAhh!! So I patiently left them on there. The older kids spelled words a few times, but the younger played the o so famous game of who can knock the most on the floor. Yeah, I'm getting quite annoyed. So, yesterday I swept up a bunch of magnets and in the trash they went. We are down to about six letters and four numbers. Peace and oreder will soon be restored yet again to our home.

3 comments:

supermomiwish said...

Hilarious! That is EXACTLY what they do with those things. Why oh why would anyone buy them I have no idea.

Leah said...

My mom has a set on her fridge. Levi and Melody LOVE them. And they try to spell things with them.
Then...
they get bored, and slap the magnets off the fridge is sport again!

Rachel said...

I am smiling at this....I can so relate! We always get these magents too in one way or another...and I always throw them in the trash after a week or two!