Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!
Another year, it really feels as though this year went by really fast. I remember last new year's eve desperately waiting to kiss that year good-bye. That year was so long and horrible. But God's grace held onto us. This past year has been good, I know worldwide things have been not so good, okay bad, but personally in our lives I have seen God do so much in our family. It was a year of healing and and learning to trust beyond what we're comftorable with. Now that the new year is here I'm in expectation of what is to come. All that being said we totally didn't do any kind of celebrating. The kids were in bed by 9, I was in bed by 10, I'm sick!, Mario was the only one that stayed up until midnight. I heard what I thought was knocking at the door so I jumped up thinking Mario had locked himself out, just to realize it was fireworks. Mario happily says to me, "happy new year!" I just rolled my eyes and went back to bed. I felt like crap, I was in no mood for happy. So today I feel a little better, but still not great. I hope everbody's last year was good and that this one will be wonderful filled with blessings and joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always feel like the new year should bring new hope, new goals, newness of life. But it never seems to work out that way for me. I always tend to go into a blah mode, which is where I am at now. Hope all is well for you.
Post a Comment