Friday, November 14, 2008

Remembering God's Promise

I'm taking a class at church about prophecy and resonsibility. It's really good. He's teaching us how to test the spirit if it's God, us our evil. Also don't take what the prophet says just because he's the prophet make sure it lines up with the word of God. Then there are times when God speaks something to you about your future, it needs to be confirmed by others that yes this is what God said. Anyway, I'm probably getting confusing. So, last night when the class was over I started thinking about when I wsa 15 I had been praying for hours this one paticular day. I specifically heard God say I would be getting married young and I would know he was the one God had picked for me because when my father walked me down the aisle, my Heavenly Father would be giving me away to that man. I never told anyone about this and just wondered how I would know. Fast forward to the night of our Rehearsal Dinner we were practicing walking down the aisle and where everyone would stand. When we were done Debbie Nelsen came over to me and said there was a glow around me and my dad, she saw Jesus giving me away not my dad! She said he's the right one. I was in shock God had just fulfilled his promise. I married Mario the next day with great joy. Our fisrt 5 years of marriage were really hard, we almost seperated a few times, but I have always carried that night with me. I knew things were going to get better for us God has good plans. I'm glad I held on, these last 5 years have been really good he is the husband I always dreamed of having and he's a great dad. I look forward to our future. We've had other words spoken over us some have been confirmed and will come to pass in his timing.

No comments: