Yesterday we had family pictures taken. We've only done this once and it was at Wal-Mart, and we only had 2 kids, so it's been a very long time. A friend of ours at our church does beautiful photography, so we decided it's about time we do this. Let me tell you it is not an easy task getting 6 kids and a husband ready for pictures. Maya was dressed in a really cute outfit she got chili on her shirt, but it wasn't to bad so decided to not change her[ Joyelle can photoshop anything thats off] So overall my three older kids were okay. Ian was hard because he didn't like any of the shirts I picked out for him. We finally agreed on one and he looked very handsome. Elijah had to change three times due to food he kept sneaking our wetting his pants. Kalin I changed about five times because she has grown so quickly her wardrobe has gotten smaller and smaller. I finally settled on a dress and dressshoes that were a little to big, hopefully no one will be able to tell. She looked cute overall. I had a moment where I wanted to cry. It's been a long time since I've been able to go buy any of them nice clothes with nice matching shoes. They wear tennis shoes or sandals with everything.
Big Mario was the hardest one. He won't buy himself clothes. One because he's picky and gets frustrated easily, and two because he feels guilty if he can't buy the kids anything. So yesterday he was all peed off because he didn't like his options. Finally at 4:00, we were supposed to be there at 4 he chose a shirt. So, to top off our circus of getting ready I look outside and it's SPRINKLING!! But, we went anyway, it didn't rain and the sun came back out. The kids had a great time taking their pictures. Maya and Emily constantly wanted to pose like little supermodels. Elijah was always making a silly face or posing like spiderman. Kalin was completely distracted by the fountain. She kept saying,"look water!" Oh, by the way we went to Crighton Ridge park. It was beautiful. It has a lake with a fountain in the middle. It also has rocks with little waterfalls coming out. I'm excited to see how they all come out.
I hate myself in pictures, hopefully it's not to bad. Joyelle was trying to make the kids smile by being really goofy, she suceded except for Kalin she was to distracted. She made me laugh more than the kids I think. Anyway, it ended up being a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, you're brave. I can't imagine. I got mad when Kaitlyn was almost seven weeks old and I had to get me, Neal, and her ready. Why is it that we must get our men ready too? Neal didn't have the options Mario did. I had to bring him clothes after work so it was that or nothing. He complained, but we got through it. I hope they turned out well. If nothing else, forget the kids and pick out the one you look the best in. LOL… Neal liked how he looked better in the one Kaitlyn was sleeping in so we went with that one. Dork! My grandma told me later that the picture was perfect other then Kaitlyn’s eyes were closed. I was like, “umm Grandma, Kaitlyn was sleeping.”
Post a Comment