Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Camping
We love to camp. Every year in November our church goes on a camping trip. We always have a lot of fun. This year The Stauffer's and the Jones's were on our site, I really enjoyed having them there. One of the best things about this trip is most of our kids are now old enough to jump on their bikes and go play with their friends. It's great! I told Mario next year I'm not even buying food I'm just going to send them all to different site, someones bound to feed them! LOL! Okay I'm kidding, but honestly it's really cool because we all do share what we bring. During Sunday morning while making breakfast Elijah and Terhen disappeared, they are both three. We found them way at the other end of the park. We wooped them and fed them breakfast. I would say that's a pretty typical day! HA!HA! Anyways, worship is awsome when your camping. Being outside completely relaxed, I love it. I wish it was like that more often. Saturday night after worship a big group of our friends came over to our site. We all had so much fun hanging out. Ranger Rick wasn't to pleased with us, he kept telling us to be quiet. We all felt like six year olds, "Don't make me come back here", it was great!! As we we were leaving we were talking about how much we love these people, they are more like family than just friends. A lot them have been with us through the bad times and the good times. It makes me sad to think there could be day we might have to say goodbye. My friend April and I were looking back on the very first camping trip in 2005. That's where we truly met and after that starting hanging out. The four of us would get together and play cards. Today she is one of my best friends. She has been there through the really bad times and the really good ones to . I treasure her friendship. That being said, let us not take for granted what God has given to us. I know sometimes church can suck with the clicks and crap that may go on, but when we get past all that and see what church is truly meant for, it's a beautiful thing. I pray that all of you reading this are blessed with awsome friendships and the church you attend has a real vision of community of being there for one another. I wish I had pictures April took them all. She may put them on her blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Link to April's blog please
Wow, it sounds awesome!
Post a Comment