Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Potty Training Again

I hate potty training! It's the one thing as a mom I could totally do without. I've trained five kids on my own, no help from dad, and it's exhausting and gross! Did I mention exhausting? So now Kalin is 21 months and wanting to go to the potty. What? Come on kid wait until your two or so. Not that I enjoy changing diapers but come on I've got enough on my plate. Four of my six kids I homeschool. Elijah is three, so I spend a little time teaching him, plus I still have to remind him to go potty. He will not poop in his pants, but if his distracted or has friends over he will wet his pants. Plus all the house work and mountains of laundry that never go away. So, I had this great plan when school was on break for the summer I would devote myself to potty training Kalin. Well she's all grosed out by poop in her pants all of the sudden. When she pees she takes off her diaper and gets a new one. So, last week I went to the store and bought her a potty chair and pull-ups. She's peed in her potty only twice, but she totally understands what to do. As soon as she pees she says "oh,oh, I have to potty and takes off her pull-up, which by that point it's to late. But she's definately a step ahead of where I would have expected her to be. Anyway, today, I was cleaning up after lunch and I hear "oh, aaaaa,oh,aaaaa, gross" I look over to see Kalin taking off her pull-up while she's pooping! She's completely mortified and trying to get it away from her. So it's all over my floor and now all over her feet to which she is screaming,"no,no gross" she runs in the bathroom and sits on her potty, and gets poop all over the seat but not a drop in the potty. Now I have to bath her, scrub the carpet, and clean her chair, When it's all over she points at her chair and says,"gross, mama!', I said, "i know baby tell mama next time." "okay mama" And then she spent the next twenty minutes dancing and singing, she felt great after that bath. Like I said I hate potty training!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Might I suggest my method?!!!
*snicker*

Jennifer said...

LOL!!! I started putting Kaitlyn on her potty chair around 14 months. I know other women who started early and had great success. After a couple months of sitting on it 1-2 a day she decided she wanted nothing to do with it. A month or so later she was back to being willing. We bought her some panties and gave them a try. She would sit on the potty throughout the day, but she wasn't getting to it in time. She goes back and forth. I've now decided to completely wait. Sure from time to time we will ask if she wants to go potty, but we don't push it. I figure right before we are supposed to fly out she will decide she wants to potty train. You know the most inconvenient time. =)

Good luck!