Those of you who know our family well, know that our girls went through a terrible time a couple of years ago. A young man did things to them that no little girl should ever go through, but sadly many do. They both went through counseling and have made huge improvements. Maya has been the stronger one in all of this. She has found healing in God at such a young age. She sings praise non stop and loves with her whole heart. Emily has had a much tougher road. When everything first happened she wet her pants a lot, after seeing her councelor she stopped doing so. She was the one who would scream out in her sleep for someone to get her. She slept with us for a good while. She does not trust very easily, especially men. Worst of all what breaks my heart the most is she became very timid and quiet, which is not like her at all. We have been praying over her alot and letting her talk about everything as much as she needs to. So, here comes the good part of this story. Recently I have seen an awome change in her. She has been a bit more bold. Sometimes she's a bit to sassy but I welcome it to a degree. She's letting Grandpa and other men in her life hug her again!
Two nights ago I took her to the store to pick out a princess dress, we're taking our kids to the Renissance Festival for the "school days", anyway I let her sit in front with me. She rolled down her window, cranked up the music and sang to at the top of her lungs. We had so much fun together we used our fists for microphones and pointed and winked at eachother. It was AWSOME!! She was totally laid back and was herself. Also she's been telling jokes and holding her head up high. It is so good to see my Emily again. I feel like I can take a deep breath once again. By the way it's been 20 months since everything was exposed. It's been a long hard road, and I know it"s not over, but now I'm starting to believe their going to be okay when the become adults. I'm so excited to see the true Emily again. She is a beautiful, awsome little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Misty that is unbelievable! Honestly I didn't know how much it had affected her being so young, but I'm glad to hear she is healing well.
Misty, I think it is time to get Emily her own hair brush! :)
~Deb
Post a Comment