Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Shack

I read the book the Shack, and absolutely loved it. Probably one of the best books I've ever read. It opened my eyes and my heart a little more, okay a lot more. I almost felt like I gould relax and enjoy this life I've been given with my creator. So today, I looked up the author to find out a little more about him. This little journey led me to youtube, which led me to a ton of preachers totally hating this book. I was in shock. Every one of them took certain things in the book out of context. Not on them saw the beauty and freedom in this book. First , everyone of them threw a fit with God appearing as an Afircan American woman. First of all God is neither male nor female and in the book God tells him, I'm appearing to you in this way to basically get you out of your religious box and see me for me not for who you think I am. I totally loved that. God is our everything. He is at that time what we need him to be. To the fatherless their father, to the motherless their Mother, to the widow their Husband, he's our friend, our Lord, our shelter, our Love. Much later in the book God appears as a Father figure because thats what he will need. They forgot to mention that. These preachers remind me of the pharisies in the bible, when God shook up their world they didn't like, and sought to destroy Jesus. This book brought a breath of fresh air. It reminded me its all about Him, all about relationship with him and others around us. It breaks my heart that these people couldn't see that and felt the need to attack this man. It makes me wonder what kind of relationship these pastors have with God. Are they just about controlling their congregation so they do what they think is right. I pray God opens their eyes to see Him in a more loving more awsome picture, than we thought possible. God wants to share our daily lives with us, all day, He doesn't want to just be at the top of our to do list. Lets let Him in, and get to know His heart.

No comments: