Monday, March 9, 2009
Our yard is on fire!!!
Spring is arriving! I love this time of year. I love when everything comes back to life, and everything is beautiful yet again. So, Saturday we decided to go to the Garden Center and get mulch and some flowers and come home and fix up our front yard. So we did, we came home and worked really hard on our front yard, it took hours. We raked the yard, bagged up all 10-12 bags of leaves, [I can't remember exactly how many now], and planted some new flowers. Sunday morning about 7:00 or 7:30, I faintly hear someone banging on my door. I jump up and go to see whats going on. When I opened the door it was a fireman, and smoke was everywhere in my front yard!! My first thought was, my house is on fire, and thier getting us out, and then I realized it was more towards the street. The bags of leaves were on fire! Apparently a neighbor called the fire department. The fireman begins asking me if we bagged up anything that could have caught fire, I said no just leaves, so they put it down as undetermined. I'm geussing someone diving by threw out a cigerette our something like that. Oh, and the fire apparently got very close to Mario's car. Yea, there's always excitement at the Quintanilla house. So, Mario made another trip to the garden center now that we had big black burn spot at the front of our yard. He brought some grass so all of our work didn't feel in vain. Well, there you have it another fun filled day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Never a dull moment!
Post a Comment