Wednesday, August 5, 2009

summer coming to and end.... school about to begin

Well we have had a very long, but good eventful summer. Mario and Maya went to summer camp with our church. They had a blast! They've been to the Aquarium, Children's Museum, Space Center, and lots of swimmimg. Most of this provided through our church called Adventure Days. The cost is more reasonable with a group. Anyway, lots of fun but I have felt like we have not stopped to take a breath at all in the past 3 months. Now school is about to start again. More busy, busy days. As you know we are homeschoolers, this year I have dedcided to put my 4 year old in pre-k. I feel I can only do so much, and he is very demanding of my time. He will love the play time at school. So we will pretty much follow the schools schedule so when he's home they are off that day also. He will more than likely only go this year, but we'll see maybe kinder also. Depends on how things are working all together. So now that he's registered time to work on school supplies and glasses. He has really bad eye sight so he will need them. My older children are very excited about their currriculum this year, they were ready to start monday. Another year and more busy, busy, busy days.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Are the Conroe schools already starting back? Willis doesn't go back for a couple more weeks I believe.

I hope he does well in pre-k. I know the idea must be nerve racking.

BTW, I meant to say before that I have the book you mentioned below and it is great. I actually read it on our first flight to England. Since then I've read it at least once more as well as several more of her books. You should read And The Shofar Blew. I've read that book several times too and it's always good.