Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Mario's Re-birthday
My oldest Mario just recently got saved! It was an awsome day, so I wanted to share this with all of you. About a month ago Mario was starting to ask me a lot of questions, deep questions. He was very concerned about eternity and spiritualality. We would sit and talk for a long while about scripture what the word says, mine and his father's beliefs. When we were done he would say he wasn't ready he was still thinking it over. At first this bothered me on many levels. Why wasn't he just accepting it like most kids? Why was he in such deep thought? But then the Holy Spirit remimded me he's like his father he has to mull things over for awhile before he makes a sure decision. it was then I knew when he makes his decision it would 100% wholeheartedly. So this continued for a few weeks more questions more deep thinking, then one day I was vaccuming and he came up to me and said he was ready to ask Jesus to come into his life and give his heart to Him. At first I was in shock because it was an odd time, but then I snapped out of it and dropped everything! This was an awsome time. So we went in my room and sat down and prayed. It was such an amazing time. I sat there and watched him pour out his heart and repent. He started to cry and then started to laugh, he said 'he had never cried happy tears before.' He absolutely accepted the Holy Spirit and I will tell you how I know that. My Mario is a very timid shy kid. He is not bold by any means. But when he accepted Christ he ran out and started jumping up and down excitedly telling his dad what had happened. Usually he wants me to tell him for him. When Tray and Kelly got here later on he met them at the door shouting, "I gave my heart to Jesus!" Everyone kept saying he is glowing! It was such an awsome day! I'll never forget it. All the work we do as mothers all the stuff that wears us down and makes us feel like is this all there is? When we have something like that happen it seems as though everything stops just for a minute and you realize why you do what you do, day in and day out. I would never want to trade with anyone my "job" The days may be tough and tiring, but the joy is unspeakable! Mario's Re- birtday May 15, 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations Mario! And Praise the Lord, Misty!
What a wonderful time to share with your son. I am so excited for you and I share your joy!
That is so neat!
Post a Comment